Mercy First Call Process
- Your call is answered
- Mercy First Call Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Mercy First Call nurses are specially trained and have access to numerous physicians who specialize in a variety of medicine.
- Physician Conferences. For your convenience, a telephone conference can be set up in one of three ways:
- Call back by the accepting physician
- Conference call with the accepting physician (arranged by the Mercy First Call nurse)
- Mercy First Call nurse communicates clinical information directly to the accepting physician and confirms acceptance between the accepting and referring physician.
- Transportation arranged (if needed) and bed requested
- Mercy First Call will arrange Mercy Air Med if appropriate or help you to arrange ground transportation if needed
- A bed in the appropriate level of care will be ready when your patient arrives.
Right Location, Right Provider – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Call: 1-877-422-7162 or 428-7162 if within Mason City.