Refer a Physician to Mercy Health Network - North Iowa and Earn $5,000
Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa is offering up to $5,000 to anyone who refers a qualified physician that is then hired to practice in Mercy Health Network - North Iowa.
Iowa, as well as the entire nation, is experiencing physician shortages. Mercy is being creative in recruitment strategies to maintain the high level of access to quality health care available to area residents - the Physician Referral Reward program is just one way.
The Physician Referral Program expands on one of the organizations' programs, that up until now, has been offered only to Mercy associates. The total reward for a qualified referral is $5,000. When the referred candidate has been hired, the person submitting the referral is paid the reward according to the following schedule:
- Completion of 30 days of employment: $1,000
- Completion of 6 months of employment: $1,500
- Completion of one year of employment: $2,500
How to Make a Referral
The procedure to refer a physician is:
- Referring person completes the Physician Referral Reward Program form; or in Mercy - North Iowa's Human Resources Department, 1000 4th Street SW, Mason City. A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) will need to be attached.
- Referring person forwards the document to Physician Recruitment Department by e-mailing Practice@mercyhealth.com or calling 641-428-7287 or toll-free 1-800-433-3883, ext. 7287.
- The Physician Recruitment Department determines eligibility of the referral and notifies the referring person. If the referral is approved, and the physician candidate is hired, the department forwards the documents to Human Resources to process payment.
There are many physician opportunities that are eligible to be included in this program. Physicians currently in Mercy Health Network - North Iowa and physicians previously sourced by the Physician Recruitment Department are not qualified referrals.
Together, we can build stronger health care communities!