Protocol for Resolution of Antibody Problems - Regional Hospitals
Determine if patient specimen meets criteria for sending to MMC-NI and call blood bank if specimen will be sent.
- Acceptable to send.
- History of the following antibodies: Anti-E, anti-K, anti-D+anti-C, and anti-D+anti-E.
- Probably passively transferred RHIG (History of negative prenatal screen, RHIG injection during current pregnancy and positive post delivery antibody screen.)
- Unacceptable to send to MMC-NI (please refer to TBCI)
- Positive DAT
- Positive antibody screen and no history of antibodies
- history of antibody(s) other than those listed above
If the current antibody screen is negative and the patient has had a history of an alloantibody(s), call The Blood Center of Iowa to order antigen negative units.