Packing Tips and Helpful Hints
Helpful Packing Hints for First Aid Kits:
- Prescription medications
- Fever reducer
- Allergy medication
- Instant ice packs
- Medical tape
- Antibacterial medication
- Space blanket
- Cotton swabs
- Epinephrine autoinjector (if needed)
- Anti diarrhea medication
- Motion sickness medication
- Cough suppressant
- Aloe vera gel
- Burn gel
- Insect repellent
- Band Aids (variety of sizes)
- Gauze pads (non-stick)
- Alcohol swabs
Great Tips for a Safe and Healthy Vacation:
Protect exposed skin by using sunblock.
Wear appropriate clothing for activities.
- Use proper care when storing and maintaining food items. Don’t leave foods that spoil out.
- Wear safety gear such as helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, etc.
- Make sure that charcoal and gas grills are properly maintained and in working order.
- Remember to practice water safety by using life jackets.
- When biking, canoeing, rafting, hiking, kayaking, and other activities make sure to bring supplies with you, know your path, carry a way to contact help if an emergency occurs and make others aware of your planned route.
- Be aware of the temperature and heat index during the days outdoor activities are planned. Know the symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke and the proper medical care.
Make sure to stay hydrated. Drink water. Do not replace water with high sugar and caffeinated beverages.