Welcome to the Mercy North Iowa Palliative Medicine Fellowship Website! I am proud to share with you that we have an excellent training program that offers you a great experience of learning both compassionate, competent and evidence-based hospice and palliative medicine in a community hospital and community hospice setting.
We achieve this by:
- Immersing you in the Mercy tradition of providing excellent medicine in a compassionate manner to all patients, family members and friends of the patient, along with our colleagues on the Palliative Care and Hospice teams.
- Providing a clinical learning environment which honors your adult learning style.
- Offering you the opportunity to learn from our dedicated professional interdisciplinary team in hospice and palliative care with a faculty that has over 30 years of experience in the field.
- Having faculty that model collegiality, creativity and commitment to our patients and families, as well as one another in a nurturing environment of interdependence and respect. We embrace our leadership role in advancing hospice and palliative medicine in Iowa and in the U.S.
- Affiliation with a community-based family medicine residency. This affords the Fellow ample opportunities to interact with enthusiastic learners, including family medicine residents, medical students, pharmacy residents and pharmacy students, nursing students, and chaplains.
I hope that you will take the opportunity to explore our website and contact me, if this description of our program inspires you to join us! I honestly believe that we can offer you an outstanding educational experience here at Mercy Medical Center North Iowa! I wish you much success and personal satisfaction as you search programs and pursue a career in Palliative Medicine!
Robert Weissinger, D.O.
Fellowship Program Director