This is clinical internship is offered in conjunction with RadComm Mammography online modules. May include observation at an off-site location for tomosynthesis mammography.
Applicants must be graduates of a JRCERT accredited radiography program or submit proof of enrollment in a radiography program at the interview.
Intern will need to comply with items stated in the MMC-NI self-directed learning contract, which includes the expectation to take the ARRT registry examination at the conclusion of the internship.
The intern must provide proof of the following documentation prior to starting the internship:
- ARRT certification (upon radiography graduation)
- IDPH Radiography Permit to Practice
- Professional liability insurance through ASRT-endorsed Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO)
- Completed AGO (Alternative General Orientation) if new or returning to the organization
- Immunizations, including current TB test
- Cleared background check
- Cleared drug screen
- Cleared pre-employment physical
- BLS and Mandatory Reporting Certification
Application Deadline for clinical internship: Accepted year round, contact us to learn of next internship start date.
Promising applicants are invited for personal interviews with the Admissions Committee. The Admission Committee considers all aspects of each applicant's record and offers admission to the best-qualified individuals. Positive applicant attributes include maturity, an aptitude for academic achievement, strong attendance history/records, customer-service focus, knowledge of and motivation toward a career in Mammography.
MMC-NI does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference.
Clinical Internship Costs: Approximately $335 (cost of RadComm modules) this fee is subject to increase; the clinical portion is an unpaid position
- Background check – approximately $15 (Human Resources)
- Current TB test – approximately $15 at County Public Health Office or can do it an your physicians office but cost is variable depending on your health insurance coverage
- Pre-employment physical – approximately $125 (Healthworks)
- Possible CRT testing – approximately $125 (Healthworks)
- Drug Screen collection and processing fee – approximately $40 (Healthworks)
- BLS course fee, if not current – approximately $70
- Mandatory reporting course fee, if not current
- Professional Liability Insurance – approximately $50-100/year
Clinical Start Date: Late summer/Fall (1 intern) & Mid-Spring (1 intern)
Clinical Length: Minimum of 3 months at 32 hrs/week with one day off to allow time for personal appointments, etc. For technologists working in Radiologic Technology part-time, a modification to the clinical portion and extenuation of length may be considered.
Schedules to be determined by Mammography supervisor to ensure best opportunities to secure needed exams. Hours will typically vary between 7:30-4 and 8-4:30 Monday-Friday.
Intern will be required to follow and be in compliance with Mercy attendance policies.
Up to 2 days allowed in case of illness or emergency. If additional time is needed, it will be added on to the minimum length of the program.
For further information contact:
Billie Keith, Mammography Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message: 641-428-5118