Hospice of North Iowa has been committed to community education since our inception. Through our "Hospice To-Go" program, we cater to your needs. You pick the topic. You name the place. We’ll deliver the program.
“Hospice To-Go” is available, free of charge, to churches, service clubs, associations, council meetings, businesses, nursing facilities and other community groups.
Speakers can address a variety of end-of-life topics, including hospice care, the benefits of massage & music therapy, and grief support.
Hospice To-Go Menu
DEALING WITH THE DYNAMICS OF DEATH
- Dying From a Patient’s Perspective ~ Hear what patients most commonly want at the end of life and how nursing facility staff can meet their wishes
- Letting Go ~ Supporting patients and families
- What Death Looks Like ~ Removing the mystery of death
- What to say (and not to) when someone is dying
- Just One More Bite ~ Responding to changes with foods & fluids
- Families: Strife vs. Serenity ~ Guiding families through death’s difficult journey
- Compassionate Communication ~ Delivering the bad news
ASK THE DOCTOR
- >How to Deal with Doctors
- Med Management for restlessness, nausea, and pain
HOSPICE - We're in this together!
- Discover the value of partnerships between Hospice & Nursing Facilities
- Hospice Jeopardy: Learn the basics on Hospice in a game like atmosphere
- Regulatory Rules! - Understanding conditions of participation, face-to-face encounters, costs, levels of Hospice care
- Palliative Care vs. Hospice: What is the difference?
- Alzheimer's & Dementia - Our fastest growing disease
- Hospice 101 - Worst fear meets best friend; How hospice helps
- The Gift of Song - Learn how Music Therapy can free memories, comfort and calm
- A Soothing Touch - The Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Pain Management
- Non Narcotic Pain Management
- Building Resilence & Managing Stress
- Co-Worker Grief: Being on the other side of the table
- Professional Boundaries & Ethical Dilemmas in Health Care
- Self-Care: Caring for yourself as well as you do your patients
- Teamwork: It's the little things that count
- Why alligators don't get ulcers
- Caring for your soul
To learn more about any of these topics or to order Hospice To-Go: Contact Judy Gritzmacher at Hospice of North Iowa, 641-428-6251 or 1-800-297-4719 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.