The Iowa counties of Worth, Hancock, and Cerro Gordo have come together to provide a FREE home visiting program to assist pregnant and parents of children up to the age of six in linking them to services and agencies in their community that would assist them. Family Connections is funded through Cerro Gordo, Hancock, and Worth County Empowerment, Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa SIP Program, Bank of America and the Success by Six Program.
Resource Information Provided:
- Awareness of infant/toddler and child development, and family interaction.
- Parenting skills.
- Family Health Care provider information.
- Meeting basic needs for the family: food, shelter, clothing, and transportation.
- Nutrition Information.
Through home visitation, families may receive:
- Connections with community agencies.
- Support in gaining knowledge about: infant/toddler development and family interaction.
- Parenting information.
- Child Care.
- Information on any county agencies or activities that is important for your family.
- Working in partnership with families to empower them to utilize their community to the fullest.
To receive more information, contact:
Karen K. Smith, Family Connections Coordinator
641-421-2525 or 1-800-433-3883 ext. 2525