Not every health care situation is appropriate for convenient care, your condition may be more appropriate for emergency care. You will be evaluated by our staff to make sure you receive your care in the most appropriate setting, which may be the emergency center.
Mercy Convenient Care is located wtihin Mercy Internal Medicine Clinic, which is on Mercy - North Iowa's East Campus, 1000 4th Street SW, Mason City. Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Patients no longer need to register or be triaged in Mercy Emergency Department. Instead, patients can enter through the Main Entrance of Mercy - North Iowa East Campus and register within Mercy Internal Medicine Clinic.
Patients appropriate for Convenient Care include those who have symptoms that may not be life threatening, but need medical attention. Symptoms/illnesses/injury may include:
- Skin rash, itch, sunburn
- Minor burns
- Dental pain/oral soars with minimal facial swelling
- Diarrhea, vomiting
- Red and/or itching eyes not associated with injury
- Medication refill requests (not including narcotics)
- Back pain not associated with injury or recent back surgery. Patient also must not be experiencing numbness/tingling or pain in fingers, arms, toes or legs
- Ear pain
- Cough, sinus pain, laryngitis, sore throat
- Burning, pain or urgency when urinating