A child’s autism diagnosis affects every member of the family in different ways. This caretaker section provides information on Support Groups, Sibling information and Parent Education ResourcesLocal Parent Support Groups.
Family 2 Family Connect Support Group
- Contact Christina Maulsby at email@example.com
Phone contact: 641-529-2489 and 641-357-5277
- Facebook page: Opportunity Village Children's Autism Center
- Education parent teaching series
- Autism Library Resources at OVCAC
- Resource Library
The resource library has numerous books, DVDs, learning videos, trampoline, squeeze machine, pressure vests, weight vest, and other sensory items. Also available are iPads with apps for families to try out and/or borrow.
- Regular meetings for families
- Family 2 Family Connect support group meets at 6 p.m. the third Thursday of every month at the Village's Kinney-Lindstrom Center in Clear Lake.
- The Sibling 2 Sibling Connect group is led by a professional who also has a sibling with autism and meets at the same time as the parents' group.
- Peer 2 Peer Play Group also meets at 6 p.m. the third Thursday of every month.
- The first Thursday of every month at 6 p.m., parents and caregivers are invited to monthly educational meetings at the Kinney-Lindstrom Center. Meetings will include educational videos, webinars, tele-health presentations, and other information to better serve children in their own home.
- Professional to Professional Support Group meets the third Thursday of every month at 6pm. Group is led by Dr Norma McGuire, Mercy Clear Lake Pediatric Clinic and Dea Ellen Birtwistle LISW, AEA Social Worker
- Expert speakers are scheduled each month on a Saturday, with child care provided. Reservations are requested.
- See news on upcoming events sponsored by the OVCAC.
Special Kids Special Love