The Mercy Family Medicine Residency participants in the National Resident Matching Program(NRMP) and abides by its regulations in the recruitment and selection of students. The Program's participation is solely through the Electronic Residency Application Service - ERAS of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Applicants are encouraged to review the ERAS Application information. Written applications will not be accepted.
To be eligible for admission to the residency, applicants must:
- Only applications received through ERAS will be accepted.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Meet the eligibility requirements of the ACGME.
- Graduate from an accredited medial school within the last three years and/or have had direct patient care responsibilities within the last three years.
- Eligible to be a fully licensed physician-in-training in the State of Iowa.
- Complete the necessary application materials:
- ERAS Common Application Form.
- Medical School Dean's Letter.
- Three current letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation must be from a Family Medicine physician that you have worked with.
- Official medical school transcripts.
- Copies of Board Scores (USMLE or COMLEX).
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English.
- Applications must be received no later than December 15, 2013.
- In addition to the above criteria, consideration will be given to applicants with Visa status who have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of a U.S. Medical School or
- Applicant with completion of two months of an observship at Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa, and three letters of recommendation from Medical Staff Members in good standing at Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa.
Upon receipt of an application, we will review the materials before inviting the applicant for an interview. Interviews are scheduled between October 15, 2013 and January 17, 2014. On your interview day, we try to provide a comprehensive yet relaxed experience. We encourage you to bring your spouse or significant other. The schedule includes interviewing and interacting with various faculty and residents, which allow you opportunities to address special interests or needs you may have. You also have the opportunity to explore our clinic, our hospital, Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa, and our community. We encourage applicants to schedule their interview date early as we do fill up. Interviewees and their families will receive one night's stay at a selected hotel.
For more information contact:
Program Coordinator: Sharla Wellik
Mercy Family Medicine Residency Program
1000 4th Street SW
Mason City, IA 50401
800-433-3883, ext. 7779
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org